We have a pretty amicable friendship with the distillery Glenfarclas and especially with George Grant.
Glenfarclas means as much ‘valley of the green grassland’. It was built in 1836 by Robert Hay and bought by John Grant in 1865. Until today it still is owned by the family Grant. The family brings out standard bottlings as well as outstanding special bottlings with foresight and continuity. We had the great chance to choose several casks personally and do our own bottlings. Since 2006 George Grants visits in Itzehoe are one of our highlights we experienced. The mainly used Oloroso Sherry Casks give the whisky its character, that is pretty special and appreciated by whisky experts in the whole world.