Tequila

Tequila is a Mexican agave distillate. It forms a special form of Mescal that is protected from origin and may only come from the regions of Jalisco, Najarit, Tamaulipas, Michoacan and Guanajuato. Only blue agave (Agave Weber Azul), which is one of the lily plants, may be used to produce tequila. The cultivation of this form of agave is officially approved and strictly monitored, making tequila one of the most strictly controlled and regulated spirits in the world. During production, the mature agaves are harvested after they have grown for about 6 to 8 years. After this long period of growth, they are about to flower. This time is crucial because the sugar content of the plant is then the highest. After the agaves have been harvested by hand, the heart of the plants begins to ferment directly. The plants must then be dried as quickly as possible. After drying, the agaves are soaked again with water, finally the plants are pressed. Traditional presses are less profitable in this process, but lead to better quality of the end product. The resulting brew is fermented and distilled at least twice, using column stills and pot stills. Tequila, which has a high social value in Mexico, can be basically divided into 2 categories. In contrast to "Azul" (100% agave tequilas), "mixtos" only have to get at least 51% of the sugar used for fermentation from the agave. The remaining 49% can be added from other sources. Accordingly, the latter category has a significantly higher quality. Other names of the tequila result from the ripening period. Reposado Tequilas are aged in barrels for at least 2 months, Anejo for at least 1 year and Extra Anejo for at least 3 years.

  1. Espolòn Tequila Reposado - 40%

    The Espolòn Reposado is a tequila made entirely from the Blue Weber Agave. It is then aged in fresh American oak barrels for 3-5 months. This ensures an even more intense taste of the agave. (...) Learn More
    €29.90
    Incl. 16% Tax

    Delivery Time: 1-3 days to Germany, 3-7 days to other countries

    (Baseprice=€42.71 / 1.0 L)

    Availability: In stock

  2. Tequila Corralejo Blanco - 38%

    The Corralejo Blanco is a tequila made from 100% agave. After distillation, it goes directly into the bottle without further maturation, so it can present its entire variety of flavors. It has (...) Learn More
    €31.90
    Incl. 16% Tax

    Delivery Time: 1-3 days to Germany, 3-7 days to other countries

    (Baseprice=€45.57 / 1.0 L)

    Availability: Out of stock

  3. Espolòn Tequila Blanco - 40%

    The Espolòn Blanco is made entirely from the Blue Weber Agave and is not matured. It forms the basis for all other Espolòn Tequilas and is therefore the purest and simplest Tequila from (...) Learn More
    €25.90
    Incl. 16% Tax

    Delivery Time: 1-3 days to Germany, 3-7 days to other countries

    (Baseprice=€37.00 / 1.0 L)

    Availability: In stock

  4. Tequila Corralejo Anejo - 38%

    The Corralejo Anejo is a tequila made from 100% agave. After distillation, the tequila matures in used American white oak barrels for 12 months. As a result, he develops sweet notes of coffee and (...) Learn More
    €44.90
    Incl. 16% Tax

    Delivery Time: 1-3 days to Germany, 3-7 days to other countries

    (Baseprice=€64.14 / 1.0 L)

    Availability: In stock

  5. Tequila Corralejo Reposado - 38%

    The Corralejo Anejo is a tequila made from 100% agave. After distillation, the tequila matures in American white oak barrels. He thereby develops additional notes of grapefruit and citrus.
    €34.90
    Incl. 16% Tax

    Delivery Time: 1-3 days to Germany, 3-7 days to other countries

    (Baseprice=€49.86 / 1.0 L)

    Availability: In stock

  6. Tequila Corralejo 99000 Horas Anejo - 38%

    The Corralejo 99,000 horas is a premium tequila, which is characterized by its intense herbal aroma. 99,000 Horas, equals about 11 years. This information is intended to describe the time from agave (...) Learn More
    €49.90
    Incl. 16% Tax

    Delivery Time: 1-3 days to Germany, 3-7 days to other countries

    (Baseprice=€71.29 / 1.0 L)

    Availability: In stock