The vineyards that shape the style of Ferrand Cognacs are located in the Angeac / Champagne region, in the heart of the Grande Champagne, 1st Cru de Cognac region, in the famous terroir that connoisseurs also refer to as the “Golden Triangle”. Maison Ferrand owns 120 hectares in the Grande Champagne region, and this is also where the “Château de Roissac” distillery is located. The vines for the best wines of the Grande Champagne thrive in this microclimate. Ferrand uses the Ugni Blanc and Colombard grape varieties. The limestone soil gives the vines and grapes the acid they need to produce the basic wine for a truly great cognac.
Cognac Ferrand 10 Generations – 46%
39,90 € inkl. MwSt.
entspricht 79,80 € pro l
incl. VAT zzgl. Versandkosten
Lieferzeit: 3-7 Tage im Ausland
- Fermentation: 4 to 5 days
- Grape variety: 100% Ugni-Blanc
- Distillation: Open Flame, double distilled in pot still (25hl)
- Production: An exquisite blend was bottled for this cognac, which reflects the terroir and pays tribute to the passion of the former distillers. This cognac was distilled on the yeast in order to intensify the aroma of this extraordinary specialty and then matured for the most part for the first few years in used, medium-toasted cognac barrels, a smaller part of 20% but also in new barrels made of French oak (350 l). Then 20% of the blend was matured for the last 1 year in Sauternes barrels (225 l). This cognac is a blend of 5-7 year old cognacs and a small portion of 25 year old cognacs.
- Color gold
- Bouquet: A fine scent of fruit cake, raisins, apricots, coconut and caramel. Notes of rose, orange blossom, nutmeg and ginger develop.
- Palate / Finish: An opulent cognac, round and full-bodied with foreground oak and pepper notes, accompanied by pleasant nuances of baked pear, honey, nutmeg grapes, pineapple and cloves. He says goodbye with a hint of mint, accompanied by prunes, oranges and liquorice. Vanilla and fresh tobacco are also sustainable.