In 1812, the silversmith Benjamin Barling founded his small workshop in the elegant London district of Marylebone. There he decorated the meerschaum pipes of his select clientele with refined appliqués and, after winning numerous awards, within a short time made a name for himself far beyond the city limits. The works he designed can be identified by the hallmark BB. […]
In 1970, the pipe production in London was closed. From then on, the pipes were produced externally, among others by Peterson and Erik Nörding. Over the years, the name changed hands several times.
In 2020, Oliver Kopp succeeded in acquiring the European naming rights from E.A. Carey, and for the USA from Cem Muckenbrun, the owner of the old importer James Norman.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)